The United Kingdom is a trending destination for students pursuing higher education. Thousands of students relocate to the United Kingdom yearly to pursue their academic interests in the country's universities and colleges. One of the advantages of studying in the United Kingdom is the availability of part-time jobs for students. Many UK international students now have the option of working while they study. 

Eligibility For Part-Time Jobs In The UK 

Whether or not you can work in the UK while studying depends on two primary factors: your university's limits and those imposed by state-run government agencies. Before contacting state officials, be sure that your university does not have any restrictions on your ability to work. In addition to regulatory limits, depending on your degree of study, your university may restrict the number of hours you can work.

International students in the United Kingdom, particularly in populous areas like London, have no trouble locating part-time work. There are various ways to get a job while a student, even if you're restricted to working on campus. To find part-time employment, you must first determine whether you are eligible. Tier 4 visas are required to enter the UK as a student. The first thing you need to do is make sure you're of legal age. A Tier 4 (General 4) visa is required for anyone under 16 to work in the United Kingdom.

To be clear, EU/EEA or Swiss citizens are not subject to these restrictions on labor because they come from a single country. You need not require a work permit to work in the UK while studying at a university in the EU/EEA, including Switzerland.

Tier 4 stickers (vignettes) include a list of all restrictions and requirements, such as the maximum amount of hours you can work per week during term time. Whether you can work while you're a student will be explained in detail in the letter with your residence permit paperwork.

If one of these is indicated in the letter, you are eligible to work here.

  • Work must be given the go-ahead.
  • Ability to work by Secretary of State-authorized procedures
  • Restricted by Tier 4 Regulations
  • Part-time during school hours, full-time during breaks
  • The working day is limited.
  • Students are limited to 20 hours of work each week during term time.

If none of the following is indicated on your passport's sticker, you are eligible to work in the UK.

  • Work prohibited
  • No work

Be aware that you may need to start a new immigration application if you decide to go to a higher level of study or alter your course. Your former immigration status will remain in effect until you receive a response to this new application.

What's The Weekly Work Limit?

The number of hours you can work in the United Kingdom varies on the sort you're taking as well. In the following table, you can see how many hours you can work per course.

Student visas in the UK allow you to study without restrictions. Your student visa allows you to work under specified time constraints in addition to attending school. The amount you're allowed to work is for your professional gain or budget. The government wants to guarantee you don't neglect your academics while working.

If your course requires you to complete a work placement, you will have a set amount of time in which to complete it. Currently, you may work for a length of time that is less than 33% of the total course duration if you are enrolled in such a course.

Have you considered what occupations you can get while studying in the UK? Below is a list of student jobs in the UK to help foreign students find work.

  • Student Assistance officer
  • Sales assistant
  • Driver for the pharmacy, the pizza delivery, and the veterinary clinic
  • Personal Assistant
  • Customer helper Physiotherapy assistant 
  • Admission Officer 
  • Sports Facilities Worker 
  • Gardener
  • Independent translator
  • Waitress
  • Receptionist
  • Administrative Assistant
  • Residence Guider
  • Promotional employee
  • Enrollment advisor
  • Finance Assistant
  • Social Media Assistant
  • Newspaper publisher
  • Photographer
  • Individual Tutor
  • Ice cream scooper 
  • Host at a Restaurant
  • Smoothie Machine Operator
  • Bartender
  • Cashier
  • Blogger
  • Graphic designer
  • Intern Software Developer
  • Bookseller
  • Tour Guide
  • Research Technician
  • Cafeteria waitress at the university
  • Pet carer
  • Domestic Cleaner
  • Babysitter
  • Brand Ambassador
  • IT Assistant
  • Security Officer
  • Fitness Professional

Want to study abroad?

Send us your details. We will reach you.

I agree to SMS Terms and privacy policy
Do you need any advice before apply?

Subscribe! Receive Admission Updates Free

Get expert advice and suggestions about studying abroad.